Sunday, November 20, 2011

We Day

On November 16, 2011, I was lucky enough to attend We Day Waterloo Region, and what an amazingly inspirational and fun day!  I first learned of Free the Children six or so years ago when Craig Keilburger spoke at staff appreciation at my work.  Since then, I have tried to carry their mission of children helping children, to the young people that I work with.  

WE Day saw 6000 young people come together under one roof but their screams and energy felt more like 10,000!


Shawn Desman was one of the biggest hits of the day and kept us moving with the We Day dance.


The WE Day volunteers made the day possible.  Thank you!

Marc and Craig Keilburger, the Founders of Free the Children.


Mia Farrow has been a WE Day ambassador for about five years, and brings attention to the famine and drought in East Africa.


L. Gen. Romeo Dellaire received a standing ovation upon his entrance to the auditorium.

Magic Johnson has partnered with Free the Children and will be bringing some of their programs to LA.


Spencer West's story is an amazing one of what is possible in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment